Georgia Mesothelioma Lawyers from LK Open Doors to Their New Atlanta Office
ATLANTA, Georgia, August 1, 2012 - Georgia mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”), have opened the doors to their new Atlanta, GA, based office.
This is the fourth local office the law firm has established, after those in New York, New Jersey, and California, in order to provide a more personalized service to residents of Georgia who were affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
Every year, thousands of men and women across the country are diagnosed with mesothelioma, including many in Georgia. Even more are diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis. All of these asbestos-related diseases could have been prevented if workers had been properly protected from exposure to asbestos.
Georgia is home to several specific industries that significantly contribute to asbestos exposure. The textile industry in Dalton and other locations as well as the shipbuilding industry in and around Savannah have caused huge numbers of workers and their families to be exposed to asbestos.
Asbestos has been used in commercial and industrial facilities across Georgia for decades. This includes locations such as:
Figure 1. Common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Georgia.
- Allied Chemical Company in Brunswick
- American Cyanamid in Savannah
- Proctor & Gamble in Macon
- Armstrong Cork Company in Macon
- Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
- Bibb Manufacturing Company in Forsyth and other cities
- Cargill in Gainesville
- Celanese Corporation in Rome
- Grady Hospital in Atlanta
- Hunter Air Force Base in Savannah
- Mobil Oil Refinery in Augusta
- Swift Cotton Mill in Columbus
Indeed, many workers were exposed to asbestos from companies headquartered in Georgia, including:
- Georgia Pacific
- Georgia Kraft Company
- Georgia Power Company
Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) is one of the nation's premier law firms featuring highly acclaimed mesothelioma lawyers with decades of experience in the areas of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma law. LK has litigated precedent-setting cases and obtained significant rulings and judgments, which have included some of the highest awards in mesothelioma, asbestos, and personal injury litigation.
With the new office in Atlanta, the Georgia mesothelioma lawyers at LK are now able to provide even more personal attention to its clients in the Southeast, along with the best experience, skill, and resources we bring to every case.
For more information about asbestos, mesothelioma, and LK’s Atlanta office, please contact LK attorney Sharon J. Zinns at (404) 748-1600.
Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering, and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income. Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments, many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 1-800-MESO-LAW (1-800-637-6529) or by submitting an email inquiry (see form above). Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States.
[ Top of page ]
OUR LARGEST ASBESTOS VERDICTS
- 47,150,000 - Consorti et al, 1993
- 30,300,000 - Susan Buttitta, 2008
- 22,000,000 - Mayer & Pride, 2004
- 19,500,000 - Matteson et al, 2004
- 18,200,000 - Gantcher et al, 1996
- 18,200,000 - Ronsini et al, 1996
- 14,250,000 - Ciletti et al, 1996
- 10,000,000 - Rhodes, 2005
ASBESTOS CLAIMS & LAWSUITS
NEW YORK OFFICES
800 Third Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, New York 10022
50 Main Street, Suite 1000
White Plains, New York 10606
90 State Street
Albany, New York 12207
53 Spring Street, Suite 202
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
101 Grovers Mill Rd, Ste 105
Lawrence, New Jersey 08648
1800 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
VOTE FOR OUR WEBSITE ON GOOGLE
||If you like our website, let Google know about it by pressing the +1 button. Thank you!
We have 88 guests online