Missouri Mesothelioma Lawyer Helps Asbestos Cancer Patients & Families
Missouri mesothelioma lawyer from a nationally recognized asbestos litigation firm explains how his law firm can help MO-based mesothelioma patients and their families, and demonstrates maps of common asbestos exposure sites in St. Louis, Kansas City, and other parts of the state of Missouri.
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, January 28, 2012 - Mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Phillips & Konigsberg LLP (“LPK”) are continuing to help Missouri mesothelioma patients and families obtain legal compensation from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products. Led by Jerome H. Block, a Missouri-licensed attorney and St. Louis native, LPK’s litigation team vigorously advocates for the legal rights of Missouri mesothelioma patients and family members.
Each year, approximately three thousand of men and women across the country, including many in Missouri, are diagnosed with mesothelioma, an aggressive asbestos cancer. According to data obtained from the Missouri Department and Health and Senior Services, approximately 50 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma each year in Missouri. In 1999, the Centers for Disease Control collected data showing that Missouri was the state with the 17th most deaths from mesothelioma in the nation. Asbestos-related diseases, such as mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis, are preventable if workers are protected from exposure to asbestos.
Missouri residents have been exposed to asbestos at industrial facilities, shipyards, mechanic shops, auto assembly plants, oil refineries, and power plants, among other sites. Many of these asbestos exposure sites are located in and around the two largest cities in Missouri - St. Louis and Kansas City. However, the asbestos problem in Missouri was not limited to urban areas. Many asbestos exposure sites were located in rural areas, particularly manufacturing facilities. In Missouri, and across the country, many people also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as automotive work and home renovations, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home.
Jerome H. Block, a mesothelioma lawyer, who began his career with the largest law firm in Missouri and now, as an LPK partner, represents clients in New York and nationwide, has been selected among the Best Lawyers in America for his work on mesothelioma cancer cases. Mr. Block shares here maps showing a few of the many jobsites in Missouri at which asbestos exposure may have occurred:
Figure 1. Asbestos exposure sites in St. Louis area, Missouri.
St. Louis Area Sites
- General Motors Truck Assembly Plant (Wentzville, MO);
- Chrysler Corp. Assembly Plant (Fenton, MO);
- Ford Motor Co., St. Louis Assembly Plant (Hazelwood, MO);
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (St. Louis, MO);
- Zonolite/W. R. Grace Processing Plant (1705 Sulphur Avenue, St. Louis, MO);
- St. Louis Shipbuilding & Steel Co. (East Davis Street, St. Louis, MO);
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery (1 Busch Place, St. Louis, MO);
- Union Electric Company, Ashley Street Plant (St. Louis, MO).
Figure 2. Asbestos exposure sites in Kansas City area, Missouri.
Kansas City Area Sites
- Kansas City Power & Light, Hawthorn Station (Kansas City, MO);
- Armco Steel Plant (Kansas City, MO);
- General Motors, Leeds Assembly Plant (Kansas City, MO);
- Ford Motor Co Kansas City Assembly Plant (Claycomo, MO);
- Standard Oil Refinery (Sugar Creek, MO).
Figure 3. Other asbestos exposure sites in Missouri.
Asbestos Sites in Other Areas
- DuPont Plant (Carl Junction, MO);
- Fort Leonard Wood (Pulaski County, MO);
- Ruberoid / GAF Plant (Annapolis, MO);
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Factory (Crystal City, MO).
If you or your loved one are a Missouri resident or were exposed to asbestos in Missouri, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call 1-800-637-6529 or contact us electronically at www.lpklaw.com to receive a FREE consultation with an experienced Missouri mesothelioma lawyer at Levy Phillips & Konigsberg LLP.
Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering, and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income. Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments, many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 1-800-MESO-LAW (1-800-637-6529) or by submitting an email inquiry (see form above). Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States.
[ Top of page ]
OUR LARGEST ASBESTOS VERDICTS
- 47,150,000 - Consorti et al, 1993
- 30,300,000 - Susan Buttitta, 2008
- 22,000,000 - Mayer & Pride, 2004
- 19,500,000 - Matteson et al, 2004
- 18,200,000 - Gantcher et al, 1996
- 18,200,000 - Ronsini et al, 1996
- 14,250,000 - Ciletti et al, 1996
- 10,000,000 - Rhodes, 2005
ASBESTOS CLAIMS & LAWSUITS
NEW YORK OFFICES
800 Third Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, New York 10022
50 Main Street, Suite 1000
White Plains, New York 10606
90 State Street
Albany, New York 12207
53 Spring Street, Suite 202
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
NEW JERSEY OFFICE
101 Grovers Mill Rd, Ste 105
Lawrence, New Jersey 08648
1800 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
SUPPORT OUR FACEBOOK PROJECTS
VOTE FOR OUR WEBSITE ON GOOGLE
||If you like our website, let Google know about it by pressing the +1 button. Thank you!
We have 122 guests online